No matter the type, size, or market location of your assets, Con Edison Energy will help maximize the value of your renewable investment(s). With more than 6,200 MWs of generation under management, including 100 MWs of renewable generation, we provide a full suite of renewable asset-management services: from consulting and strategic planning, to core logistical services such as bidding and scheduling, Renewable Energy Credit (REC) management, and hedge execution. Our services are designed to handle all operational, trading, and settlement functions required to successfully manage and optimize your renewable asset portfolio.
Power and Energy Hedging and Risk Management
Con Edison Energy’s experienced group of energy professionals will work closely with you to develop hedge plans designed to meet your financial targets. We can design, develop and execute on strategies using our counterparty contracts or, on your behalf, as an agent. Our broad range of services and capabilities can help to enhance mid-term and long-term strategies that can help optimize your portfolio’s financial performance.
- Forward Price Creation for Wholesale Market Products (Renewable, Energy, Capacity)
- Origination of Financial and Physical Hedge Execution
- Intra-month Trading to Balance
- Trade Capture, Valuation and Reporting
- Supply Contract Evaluation
- Detailed P&L and Risk Reporting (Position, MtM, Credit Exposure)
Energy Market Analytics
When energy asset owners and renewable developers look to make business acquisitions or new construction decisions they need leading-edge energy market analytics. Our team of experts discover the power and natural gas market trends for you. We build flow models and stress-test for various market conditions to produce various short and long-term forecasts.
- Historic Market Trends and Modeling
- Power and Natural Gas Forecasting
- Asset Valuations
- Right-sizing of Energy Assets
Renewable Portfolio Management
Con Edison Energy can execute a variety of strategies to optimize the value of your renewable asset. From minting to marketing and scheduling, we provide owners and developers of renewable assets with services to track, value, verify, and bring RECs to market. Using short-term output forecasting and analytics, we can determine the appropriate participation in day-ahead and real-time energy markets while minimizing balancing costs for your renewable portfolio. We also provide our clients with real-time operational data, including granular output details, system faults, and break statuses to ensure operational reliability and real-time Independent System Operator (ISO) reporting. We are actively involved in compliance and voluntary driven REC markets in New England, New York, PJM, and Texas.
- Short-Term Output Forecasting
- Physical Asset Monitoring and ISO Output Reporting
- Day-Ahead and Real-Time Bidding
- Physical Energy Scheduling and NERC Tagging
- Renewable Energy Credit (REC) Scheduling
- REC Inventory Tracking and Management
- REC Valuation
- Capacity Auction Participation
- Analytics and Decision Support
- ISO System Account Maintenance
- Generation Information Systems/Generation Attribute Tracking Systems (GIS/GATS) Asset Registration
- Verification of Minted REC Volumes
- Scheduling of RECs
Custom Settlements and Performance Monitoring
With more than ten years of cross-commodity and cross-ISO experience, our dedicated team of settlement analysts can help decipher ISO/RTO settlement data and provide asset owners with a clear picture of performance and profitability. We offer customized reporting solutions that helps asset owners leverage the deluge of data into meaningful and actionable information.
- Performance Monitoring
- Customized Settlement Reporting
- ISO and Third-Party Invoice Reconciliation
- Shadow Settlement of ISO Invoices
- Budgeting and Forecasting
Regulatory and Compliance
Con Edison Energy’s dedicated staff of regulatory professionals monitors the federal and local regulatory landscape to help your organization understand and prepare for possible impacts of regulatory changes.
- Regulatory and Compliance Updates
- Committee Participation
- Regulatory Planning
- Compliance Monitoring
- Market Intelligence